Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10 mile run

Last October I ran a 10 mile race here in Bryan. It was awesome, but not quite the 13.1 miles I had set a goal to complete.

Yesterday I ran 10 miles for my training and by mile 7 I thought I was going to die. I seriously had some second thoughts about doing the half marathon next month. But when I started feeling nauseous, feverish and achy all over just hours after I got home I realized why I wasn't doing so well during my run. I am feeling a little better tonight, but I don't deal with being sick very well. I am such a whiner! Next week is my 11 mile run and I hope it goes much better.

I love running! A couple of weeks ago I downloaded some new running music, but lately I've been listening to church conference talks while I run and I love it. I feel like a goof sometimes because I'll often tear up at what is being said, but there really is nothing more exhilarating then feeling the spirit. I think it will help me with my pace. I need to go to bed now, so I can feel better and stick to my running schedule. Three miles tomorrow...goodnight!

No comments:

Lena