Official time for 12.92 miles: 2:31:12.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Half marathon...almost
So apparently the course was mapped incorrectly and was only 12.92 miles long (low budget run I guess)...and my right hip and knee started killing me around mile 8, so I had to walk alot and that was frustrating. I'd walk for 3-5 minutes and then start to run and after a minute or two I just couldn't bear the pain. So I'd walk some more. I should've gone to the chiropractic, something I do while running throws off my right shoulder and everything else just gets out of whack. It's been bothering me for a year (since my 10 mile run). I went to the chiro on Tuesday after the run and I haven't been running at all since then and my shoulder feels better than ever before in only a week. The chiro recommended I take a break for a while and run no more than 3 miles. I am going to just strengthen it and get it to stay normal. Maybe I'll try another run sometime in the future, but no more than a 10K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment